Hello, I’m Elaina, the culinary enthusiast behind Flavour Food and Wine. Today, I’m thrilled to share with you a recipe that’s a delightful blend of health and taste – Crispy Spinach Chips. This dish transforms nutrient-rich spinach into crispy, flavorful chips, creating a snack that’s both healthy and delicious. It’s a perfect treat for those who are health-conscious but don’t want to compromise on taste. So, let’s embark on this culinary journey and explore the wonderful world of Crispy Spinach Chips together.
Crispy Spinach Chips Recipe
Crispy Spinach Chip
- 1 oven
- 1 baking sheet
- 2 cups of fresh spinach leaves stems trims
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 1/2 – 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 – 1 tsp crushed ancho chilies
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash and pat dry spinach leaves and trim stems.
- Place in large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and chilies and toss to coat.
- Place a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet, and place all the spinach leaves on the cooling rack, ensuring they’re all on one layer.
- Grate lemon zest over layer of spinach.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes, but make sure to watch them in case they start to get too dark.
About crispy spinach chips
Crispy Spinach Chips are a delightful blend of health and taste. This recipe transforms nutrient-rich spinach into crispy, flavorful chips, creating a snack that’s both healthy and delicious. Originating from various cultures where spinach is a staple ingredient, these chips offer a unique gastronomic experience that’s both satisfying and healthful.
- Choose fresh, crisp spinach for the best texture and flavor.
- Make sure the spinach leaves are completely dry before baking to ensure they become crispy.
- Toss the spinach lightly in olive oil to ensure each leaf is evenly coated. This helps the spinach crisp up without becoming too greasy.
- Spread the spinach out in a single layer on the baking sheet. Overlapping can result in soggy chips.
- Watch the spinach closely towards the end of the baking time to prevent burning. The chips should be crispy but not browned.
- Crispy Spinach Chips can be served as a snack or an appetizer.
- Pair them with a creamy dip like hummus or tzatziki for a more substantial snack.
- For a balanced meal, serve these chips with a hearty soup or sandwich.
- Sprinkle the chips with a bit of sea salt or nutritional yeast for an extra layer of flavor.
- For a vegan option, use nutritional yeast instead of cheese for a cheesy flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I use other types of greens for this recipe? Yes, you can use other types of greens like kale or Swiss chard. However, spinach has a mild flavor that works well in this recipe.
- Can I make the spinach chips in advance? Spinach chips are best eaten fresh as they can lose their crispness over time. However, if you need to make them in advance, store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
- What can I use if I don’t have olive oil? If you don’t have olive oil, you can use other types of oil like coconut oil or avocado oil.
- Can I make these chips spicy? Absolutely! Feel free to add a sprinkle of chili flakes or cayenne pepper for a spicy kick.
- Can I make this dish vegan? Yes, you can replace the Parmesan cheese with nutritional yeast for a vegan alternative.
Crispy Spinach Chips are a snack that truly celebrates the health benefits of spinach. Their combination of crispy spinach and flavorful seasonings creates a satisfying and flavorful treat. By following the provided cooking tips and serving suggestions, you can create a batch of these healthy chips right in your own kitchen. Remember, cooking is about creativity and personalization, so feel free to experiment with different greens, oils, and spices. Enjoy the process and the delicious result!