Hello, it’s Elaina once again, your culinary guide from the heart of the Canadian prairies. Today, I’m excited to share a dish that is not just a favourite in my Winnipeg home, but also a true representation of our local cuisine – my Lamb Chops with Red Wine Sauce. This elegant, flavourful dish, featuring succulent lamb chops and a rich red wine sauce, is a testament to the bounty of our local farms and the sophistication of prairie cooking.
Lamb Chops with Red Wine Sauce Recipe
Lamb Chops with Red Wine Sauce
- 1 bowl
- 1 Grill
- 5 6-ounce lamb chops
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
Red Wine Sauce:
- 2/3 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Whisk together the olive oil, rosemary, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Next, add in the lamb chops and stir to coat all sides of meat. Marinate for at least 1-hour.
- Preheat your grill to high.
- Add your butter into a pan, over medium heat. Add in the flour and cook for about 30-seconds, stirring. Add in the beef stock and red wine, stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from heat.
- Transfer to red wine sauce to a small bowl.
- Grill your lamb chops for about 7-minutes per side or until your personally desired doneness.
- Serve and Enjoy!
About Lamb Chops with Red Wine Sauce
This Lamb Chops with Red Wine Sauce recipe holds a special place in my heart. It’s the kind of meal that elevates any dining experience, whether it’s a special occasion, a romantic dinner, or when you simply want to treat yourself. It’s a celebration of our local lamb, cooked to perfection and paired with a decadent red wine sauce, making it a beloved classic in many Canadian homes.
So, what’s the secret behind my Lamb Chops with Red Wine Sauce? First and foremost, it’s all about the lamb. I recommend sourcing your lamb chops from a local farm or butcher, where you can find the freshest cuts.
Next, let’s talk sauce. The red wine sauce is what gives this dish its distinctive flavour. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different types of red wine to find the one that suits your palate.
Lastly, the cooking process. Remember to rest your lamb chops after cooking and before serving. This will ensure your lamb chops are juicy and tender.
Now, how should you serve these mouthwatering Lamb Chops with Red Wine Sauce? Here are five ideas:
- Serve them with a side of creamy mashed potatoes for a classic pairing.
- Pair them with roasted vegetables for a balanced meal.
- For a healthier option, serve them with a fresh garden salad.
- Add a sprinkle of fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme for a pop of colour and freshness.
- Or simply enjoy them as is, letting the robust flavours shine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions I often get about my Lamb Chops with Red Wine Sauce:
- ‘Can I use other cuts of lamb?’ Absolutely! This recipe works well with any cut of lamb.
- ‘Can I adjust the sauce to my liking?’ Of course! Feel free to modify the red wine sauce to your taste.
- ‘What if I don’t have a grill pan?’ A regular frying pan will do just fine.
- ‘How long can I store the leftovers?’ They should be good for 2-3 days in the fridge.
- ‘Can this be made gluten-free?’ Yes, just ensure your red wine and other ingredients are gluten-free.
And there you have it – a peek into my kitchen with my elegant Lamb Chops with Red Wine Sauce. It’s not just a meal; it’s a celebration of our local lamb and a nod to the sophistication of prairie cooking. I hope this dish brings a touch of Winnipeg elegance to your table, one delicious bite at a time. Happy cooking!