Hello, it’s Elaina once again, your culinary guide from Flavour Food and Wine, right in the heart of the Canadian prairies. Today, I’m excited to share a dish that is not just a favourite in my Winnipeg home, but also a true representation of our local cuisine – my Grilled Pepper Steak. This robust, flavourful dish, featuring succulent steak and a medley of peppers, is a testament to the simplicity and heartiness of prairie cooking.
Grilled Pepper Steak Recipe
Grilled Pepper Steak
- 1 large glass bowl
- 1 Grill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 5-ounce beef sirloin steak
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed ground
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper coarsely ground
- In a large glass bowl, mix the coriander seed, oil, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add the steaks and turn to coat on all sides. Cover the glass bowl and allow to sit for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your grill to high.
- Grill your steaks for about several minutes per side or until you have reached your personal desired doneness.
- Transfer to serving plates.
- Serve and Enjoy!
About Grilled Pepper Steak
This Grilled Pepper Steak recipe holds a special place in my heart. It’s the kind of meal that brings a burst of flavour to any dining table, whether it’s a weekend barbecue, a family gathering, or when you simply want a quick yet satisfying dish. It’s a celebration of our local beef, grilled to perfection and paired with a variety of peppers, making it a beloved classic in many Canadian homes.
So, what’s the secret behind my Grilled Pepper Steak? First and foremost, it’s all about the steak. I recommend sourcing your steak from a local farm or butcher, where you can find the freshest cuts.
Next, let’s talk peppers. The combination of different peppers not only adds a burst of colour but also a variety of flavours. Don’t be afraid to experiment with your favourite peppers!
Lastly, the grilling process. Remember to preheat your grill, cook the steak to your preferred doneness, and let it rest before slicing to ensure juiciness.
Now, how should you serve this vibrant Grilled Pepper Steak? Here are five ideas:
- Serve it with a side of roasted potatoes for a hearty meal.
- Pair it with a fresh garden salad for a balanced dish.
- For a low-carb option, serve it with grilled vegetables.
- Add a dollop of homemade steak sauce for an extra burst of flavour.
- Or simply enjoy it as is, letting the robust flavours shine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions I often get about my Grilled Pepper Steak:
- ‘Can I use other cuts of beef?’ Absolutely! This recipe works well with any grilling cut.
- ‘Can I add more vegetables?’ Of course! Feel free to add your favourite grilling vegetables.
- ‘What if I don’t have a grill?’ A grill pan or broiler will do just fine.
- ‘How long can I store the leftovers?’ They should be good for 2-3 days in the fridge.
- ‘Can this be made gluten-free?’ Yes, just ensure your seasoning and other ingredients are gluten-free.
And there you have it – a peek into my kitchen with my vibrant Grilled Pepper Steak. It’s not just a meal; it’s a celebration of our local beef and a nod to the simplicity of prairie cooking. I hope this dish brings a touch of Winnipeg’s hearty charm to your table, one delicious bite at a time. Happy cooking!