Hello there! I’m Elaina, the food lover behind Flavour Food and Wine. Today, I’m absolutely thrilled to dive into one of my personal favorites – Chewy Toasted Granola Bars. These delightful bars are a perfect blend of nutritious ingredients, creating a snack that’s both healthy and delicious. So, let’s get started on this exciting culinary adventure and explore the wonderful world of Chewy Toasted Granola Bars together.
Chewy Toasted Granola Bars
Chewy toasted granola bars
- 1 oven
- 1/2 cup whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole kamut flakes
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried raisins
- 1 1/2 cups Kashi puffed wheat cereal
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, toast the first 4 ingredients.
- Toast them separately as they have different burning points.
- Ovens vary slightly, so just pop them in and watch them.
- They should take about 5-10 minutes each.
- Once all toasted, combine these 4 ingredients in one large bowl.
- Add the cranberries, and puffed wheat cereal and mix well.
- In a small saucepan, combine almond butter with agave nectar.
- Heat slowly over medium-low heat until melted.
- Ensure not to boil the mixture, so this takes only a few minutes.
- Stir in the cinnamon and sea salt and blend well.
- Pour melted mixture over granola and stir until well coated.
- Again, I used 2 bread loaf pans and greased them ever-so-lightly with butter (so they wouldn’t stick).
- Divide the mixture in two and press firmly into pans.
- Use a flat spatula, it seems to work best.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Once cooled, remove from pan and slice into bars.
- Here’s where the loaf pans come in handy, since they’re the perfect width to create the length of the bars.
- Since these aren’t baked, they are very chewy and crumbly.
- My favourite!! Store in refrigerator so they don’t get too melty in the hot summer weather.
About chewy toasted granola bars
Chewy Toasted Granola Bars are a versatile and nutritious snack that originated from various health-conscious cultures. They’re a delightful blend of grains, nuts, seeds, and dried fruits, creating a snack option that’s both nutritious and delicious. Chewy Toasted Granola Bars offer a unique gastronomic experience that leaves you feeling satisfied and nourished. It’s no wonder that Chewy Toasted Granola Bars have become a popular choice for those seeking a wholesome snack.
- For your Chewy Toasted Granola Bars, opt for a variety of nuts and seeds to ensure a mix of textures and flavors. Almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds are all fantastic choices.
- Toast the grains, nuts, and seeds lightly for that added flavor and crunch. Trust me, it makes a difference!
- Mix in a variety of dried fruits for varied sweetness and texture. Raisins, apricots, dates, and cranberries are all fantastic choices.
- If you have a sweet tooth like me, consider adding a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup.
- Keep your Chewy Toasted Granola Bars fresh and crunchy by storing them in an airtight container.
- Chewy Toasted Granola Bars can be served as a snack on the go.
- For a more substantial snack, try adding them to your yogurt or oatmeal.
- Pack these bars in a lunchbox for a healthy snack on the go.
- For a more substantial meal, serve your Chewy Toasted Granola Bars with a side of fresh fruits.
- If you’re vegan, use plant-based sweeteners.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I use other types of grains for my Chewy Toasted Granola Bars? Absolutely! Feel free to use any type of grains for your Chewy Toasted Granola Bars. Just make sure they are uncooked.
- Can I make Chewy Toasted Granola Bars in advance? Yes, Chewy Toasted Granola Bars can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
- What can I use if I don’t have dried fruits? No dried fruits? No problem! You can substitute them with fresh fruits. Just add the fresh fruits right before eating to prevent them from getting soggy.
- Can I make my Chewy Toasted Granola Bars gluten-free? Yes, you can make your Chewy Toasted Granola Bars gluten-free by using gluten-free grains like rolled oats or quinoa flakes.
Can I add other ingredients to my Chewy Toasted Granola Bars? Of course! Feel free to add other ingredients like coconut flakes, chocolate chips, or even some protein powder for extra nutrition.
Chewy Toasted Granola Bars are a snack that truly celebrates the flavors of grains, nuts, seeds, and fruits. Their combination of nutritious ingredients creates a satisfying and flavorful snack that’s perfect for any time of the day. By following these cooking tips and serving suggestions, you can create a batch of these healthy bars right in your own kitchen. Remember, cooking is about creativity and personalization, so feel free to experiment with different grains, nuts, seeds, and fruits. Enjoy the process and the delicious result!